Digital Relative Humidity Sensor with Temperature Output
● DFN type package
● Relative Humidity and Temperature Digital Output, I²C interface
● Fully calibrated
● Lead free sensor, reflow solderable
● Low power consumption
● Fast response time
HTU21D, the new humidity and temperature sensor of MEAS is about to set new standards in terms of size and intelligence: Embedded in a reflow solderable Dual Flat No leads (DFN) package of 3 x 3mm foot print and 1mm height it provides calibrated, linearized signals in digital, I²C format.
HTU21D sensors are dedicated humidity and temperature plug and play transducers for OEM applications where reliable and accurate measurements are needed. Direct interface with a micro-controller is made possible with the module humidity and temperature digital outputs. HTU21D sensors are low power consumption designed for high volume and cost sensitive applications with tight space constraints.
Every sensor is individually calibrated and tested. Lot identification is printed on the sensor and an electronic identification code is stored on the chip – which can be read out by command.
Furthermore, the resolution of HTU21D sensor can be changed by command (8/12bit up to 12/14bit for RH/T), low battery can be detected and a checksum improves communication reliability.
With made improvements and the miniaturization of the sensor the performance-to-price ratio has beenimproved – and eventually, any device should benefit from the cutting edge energy saving operation mode.
● Full interchangeability with no calibration required in standard conditions
● Instantaneous desaturation after long periods in saturation phase
● Compatible with automatized assembly processes, including Pb free and reflow processes
● Individual marking for compliance to stringent traceability requirement
● Automotive: defogging, HVAC
● Home Appliance